Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Aultnaskiach House
EXTERNAL ID
PAN_9_64
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
PERIOD
1950s
CREATOR
J Nairn
SOURCE
Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)
ASSET ID
20323
KEYWORDS
great houses
houses
flats & maisonettes
clans
Aultnaskiach House

Aultnaskiach House, an early-19th century mansion house in Inverness, belonged to Captain Davidson of Cantray. The lands of Cantray and Croy had been purchased by his father, Sir David Davidson, in 1767-8.

Aultnaskiach House was leased by Captain Davidson to James Robertson MD, Chief Magistrate of the Burgh and Provost of Inverness on four occasions (1816-18, 1822-3, 1824-7, 1829-31). It was converted into flats in the mid-20th century


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email the
Highland Photographic Archive quoting the External ID.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Aultnaskiach House

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1950s

great houses; houses; flats & maisonettes; clans

Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)

Jimmy Nairn & Son

Aultnaskiach House, an early-19th century mansion house in Inverness, belonged to Captain Davidson of Cantray. The lands of Cantray and Croy had been purchased by his father, Sir David Davidson, in 1767-8.<br /> <br /> Aultnaskiach House was leased by Captain Davidson to James Robertson MD, Chief Magistrate of the Burgh and Provost of Inverness on four occasions (1816-18, 1822-3, 1824-7, 1829-31). It was converted into flats in the mid-20th century <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email the<br /> <a href="mailto: photographic.archive@highlifehighland.com">Highland Photographic Archive</a> quoting the External ID.