Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
North of Scotland Milk Marketing Board Stand, Hobbies Exhibition, 1956
EXTERNAL ID
PAN_32_001
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
DATE OF IMAGE
1956
PERIOD
1950s
CREATOR
J Nairn
SOURCE
Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)
ASSET ID
20876
KEYWORDS
exhibitions
North of Scotland Milk Marketing Board Stand, Hobbies Exhibition, 1956

This is the stand of the North of Scotland Milk Marketing Board at a Hobbies Exhibition held in Inverness in 1956. Frozen foods and dairy products are advertised and a refrigerator or freezer forms part of the display.

The North of Scotland Milk Marketing Board was established in 1934 to give a guaranteed price to milk producers and to allow them to control the marketing of their own supplies. The original area covered by the Board comprised the counties of Caithness, Sutherland, Ross and Cromarty, Inverness and Nairn. Moray was added in 1944 and Orkney in 1946. The Board's headquarters were at Greig Street, Inverness.

900,000 gallons of milk were produced in the first year of operations. This increased to nearly 2,000,000 gallons in 1939 and 7,588,898 gallons in 1950. An important part of the Board's work was ensuring that surplus milk was taken to the remote areas of the Western Isles. The minutes, accounts, reports and publicity material of the North of Scotland Milk Marketing Board from 1934-1990 are held in the Highland Council Archive in Inverness.


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email the
Highland Photographic Archive quoting the External ID.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

North of Scotland Milk Marketing Board Stand, Hobbies Exhibition, 1956

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1950s

exhibitions

Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)

Jimmy Nairn & Son

This is the stand of the North of Scotland Milk Marketing Board at a Hobbies Exhibition held in Inverness in 1956. Frozen foods and dairy products are advertised and a refrigerator or freezer forms part of the display.<br /> <br /> The North of Scotland Milk Marketing Board was established in 1934 to give a guaranteed price to milk producers and to allow them to control the marketing of their own supplies. The original area covered by the Board comprised the counties of Caithness, Sutherland, Ross and Cromarty, Inverness and Nairn. Moray was added in 1944 and Orkney in 1946. The Board's headquarters were at Greig Street, Inverness.<br /> <br /> 900,000 gallons of milk were produced in the first year of operations. This increased to nearly 2,000,000 gallons in 1939 and 7,588,898 gallons in 1950. An important part of the Board's work was ensuring that surplus milk was taken to the remote areas of the Western Isles. The minutes, accounts, reports and publicity material of the North of Scotland Milk Marketing Board from 1934-1990 are held in the Highland Council Archive in Inverness. <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email the<br /> <a href="mailto: photographic.archive@highlifehighland.com">Highland Photographic Archive</a> quoting the External ID.