Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
The interior of St Columba High Church looking down the aisle from altar
EXTERNAL ID
PAW18456
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
DATE OF IMAGE
1952
PERIOD
1950s
CREATOR
David Whyte Studio
SOURCE
Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)
ASSET ID
21020
KEYWORDS
churches
Inverness
The interior of St Columba High Church looking down the aisle from altar

St Columba High Church, formerly known as the Free High Church, in Bank Street, Inverness was built in 1851-2. Substantial restoration was required after a fire in 1939.

In October 1932 a landslide in Castle Street completely destroyed the Mission Hall of the Church only a few months after it opened


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email the
Highland Photographic Archive quoting the External ID.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

The interior of St Columba High Church looking down the aisle from altar

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1950s

churches; Inverness

Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)

David Whyte Collection, Highland Photographic Archive

St Columba High Church, formerly known as the Free High Church, in Bank Street, Inverness was built in 1851-2. Substantial restoration was required after a fire in 1939.<br /> <br /> In October 1932 a landslide in Castle Street completely destroyed the Mission Hall of the Church only a few months after it opened <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email the<br /> <a href="mailto: photographic.archive@highlifehighland.com">Highland Photographic Archive</a> quoting the External ID.