Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Telephone Exchange
EXTERNAL ID
PAW23356E
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
PERIOD
1960s
CREATOR
David Whyte Studio
SOURCE
Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)
ASSET ID
21215
KEYWORDS
communications
Telephone Exchange

The first telephone exchange was installed in Inverness in Union Street in 1885. It was moved to the Victorian Post Office in 1922 when there were approximately 600 telephones in the town. In 1961 it moved again, this time to Friars Lane.


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email the
Highland Photographic Archive quoting the External ID.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Telephone Exchange

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1960s

communications

Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)

David Whyte Collection, Highland Photographic Archive

The first telephone exchange was installed in Inverness in Union Street in 1885. It was moved to the Victorian Post Office in 1922 when there were approximately 600 telephones in the town. In 1961 it moved again, this time to Friars Lane. <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email the<br /> <a href="mailto: photographic.archive@highlifehighland.com">Highland Photographic Archive</a> quoting the External ID.<br />