Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
William Grigor & Son Est. 1846
EXTERNAL ID
PAWA0010397-99
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
CREATOR
David Whyte Studio
SOURCE
Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)
ASSET ID
21505
KEYWORDS
William Grigor & Son
whisky
wine
merchants
scotch
Carlton Cafe
Carlton Bar
cafes
bars
shops
trade
Castle Raat
William Grigor & Son Est. 1846

Shop front for William Grigor & Son of Inverness. A sign in the first window reads "William Grigor & Son Est. 1846. Scotch Whisky Merchants, Blenders, Exporters, Agents, Wine Merchants and Bonded Warehouse Proprietors. Incorporating Ross & Cameron Merchant and Blenders (est 1800), The Inverness Bonding Co Ltd (est 1921), Alex MacKenzie & Co Whisky Merchants (est 1820), William Davidson & Co (est 1856)" The wooden door underneath the sign in the middle of the shop front reads "Castle Raat Vaults". Castle Raat was originally Castle Road and later Hamilton Street. The Carlton Bar is opposite the shop


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email the
Highland Photographic Archive quoting the External ID.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

William Grigor & Son Est. 1846

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

William Grigor & Son; whisky; wine; merchants; scotch; Carlton Cafe; Carlton Bar; cafes; bars; shops; trade; Castle Raat

Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)

David Whyte Collection, Highland Photographic Archive

Shop front for William Grigor & Son of Inverness. A sign in the first window reads "William Grigor & Son Est. 1846. Scotch Whisky Merchants, Blenders, Exporters, Agents, Wine Merchants and Bonded Warehouse Proprietors. Incorporating Ross & Cameron Merchant and Blenders (est 1800), The Inverness Bonding Co Ltd (est 1921), Alex MacKenzie & Co Whisky Merchants (est 1820), William Davidson & Co (est 1856)" The wooden door underneath the sign in the middle of the shop front reads "Castle Raat Vaults". Castle Raat was originally Castle Road and later Hamilton Street. The Carlton Bar is opposite the shop <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email the<br /> <a href="mailto: photographic.archive@highlifehighland.com">Highland Photographic Archive</a> quoting the External ID.