Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Carlton Restaurant and Bar
EXTERNAL ID
PAWA0010397-99E
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
PERIOD
1920s; 1930s
CREATOR
David Whyte Studio
SOURCE
Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)
ASSET ID
21507
KEYWORDS
Carlton Cafe
Grigor and Son
restaurants
bars
cafes
cocktails
trade
Carlton Restaurant and Bar

The front of the Carlton Restaurant and Bar, Inglis Street, Inverness, originally the Carlton Cafe, which opened in Autumn 1927. It was formerly the shop of William Grigor & Son, wine and spirit merchants. Grigor's advertising for the cafe read 'Fully licensed and equipped to modern lines. All sized parties specially accommodated. Private dining rooms available for small parties. Open for meals 10am - 10pm' (Inverness Courier online) It was taken over by a Mr Cameron and a new cocktail bar was opened at the Carlton Restaurant on 27th May 1936


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email the
Highland Photographic Archive quoting the External ID.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Carlton Restaurant and Bar

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1920s; 1930s

Carlton Cafe; Grigor and Son; restaurants; bars; cafes; cocktails; trade

Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)

David Whyte Collection, Highland Photographic Archive

The front of the Carlton Restaurant and Bar, Inglis Street, Inverness, originally the Carlton Cafe, which opened in Autumn 1927. It was formerly the shop of William Grigor & Son, wine and spirit merchants. Grigor's advertising for the cafe read 'Fully licensed and equipped to modern lines. All sized parties specially accommodated. Private dining rooms available for small parties. Open for meals 10am - 10pm' (Inverness Courier online) It was taken over by a Mr Cameron and a new cocktail bar was opened at the Carlton Restaurant on 27th May 1936 <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email the<br /> <a href="mailto: photographic.archive@highlifehighland.com">Highland Photographic Archive</a> quoting the External ID.