Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Kilravock Castle
EXTERNAL ID
PAWA0010418-35E
PLACENAME
Kilravock Castle
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
NAIRN: Croy and Dalcross
CREATOR
David Whyte Studio
SOURCE
Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)
ASSET ID
21513
KEYWORDS
castles
Kilravock Castle

The Kilravock tower was built by the 7th Baron Rose of Kilravock under licence granted by John, Lord of the Isles and Earl of Ross, on 18 February 1460. The three-storey mansion house was added in 1665-7 by masons Robert Nicholson and James Smith. The main staircase and corridors and the West Wing were added during the 18th century


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email the
Highland Photographic Archive quoting the External ID.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Kilravock Castle

NAIRN: Croy and Dalcross

castles

Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)

David Whyte Collection, Highland Photographic Archive

The Kilravock tower was built by the 7th Baron Rose of Kilravock under licence granted by John, Lord of the Isles and Earl of Ross, on 18 February 1460. The three-storey mansion house was added in 1665-7 by masons Robert Nicholson and James Smith. The main staircase and corridors and the West Wing were added during the 18th century <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email the<br /> <a href="mailto: photographic.archive@highlifehighland.com">Highland Photographic Archive</a> quoting the External ID.