Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
3rd (Special Reserve) Battalion, Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders, 1908
EXTERNAL ID
PAWA114
PLACENAME
Fort George
DISTRICT
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Ardersier
DATE OF IMAGE
1908
PERIOD
1900s
CREATOR
David Whyte Studio
SOURCE
Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)
ASSET ID
21542
KEYWORDS
Queens Own Cameron Highlanders
Fort George
military uniforms
military
uniforms
war
armies
officers
battalions
3rd (Special Reserve) Battalion, Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders, 1908

The photograph shows the officers of 3rd (Special Reserve) Battalion The Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders at camp at Fort George in June 1908. The battalion, which originated in 1802 as the Inverness-shire Militia, became part of the Cameron Highlanders in 1881. Under the Army Reforms of 1908 it was re-designated the 3rd (Special Reserve) Battalion The Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders, with the role of providing First Line reserves for the Cameron Highlanders in time of war. The Regimental Museum of The Highlanders at Fort George has the album of the 3rd Camerons, with a copy of this photograph in which the officers are named.

(This information was kindly supplied by the Regimental Museum of The Highlanders, Fort George).


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email the
Highland Photographic Archive quoting the External ID.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

3rd (Special Reserve) Battalion, Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders, 1908

INVERNESS: Ardersier

1900s

Queens Own Cameron Highlanders; Fort George; military uniforms; military; uniforms; war; armies; officers; battalions

Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)

David Whyte Collection, Highland Photographic Archive

The photograph shows the officers of 3rd (Special Reserve) Battalion The Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders at camp at Fort George in June 1908. The battalion, which originated in 1802 as the Inverness-shire Militia, became part of the Cameron Highlanders in 1881. Under the Army Reforms of 1908 it was re-designated the 3rd (Special Reserve) Battalion The Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders, with the role of providing First Line reserves for the Cameron Highlanders in time of war. The Regimental Museum of The Highlanders at Fort George has the album of the 3rd Camerons, with a copy of this photograph in which the officers are named. <br /> <br /> (This information was kindly supplied by the Regimental Museum of The Highlanders, Fort George). <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email the<br /> <a href="mailto: photographic.archive@highlifehighland.com">Highland Photographic Archive</a> quoting the External ID.