Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Architectural Audit of Inverness: Baptist Church & Hall, Castle Street, East Side
EXTERNAL ID
PC_ARCHITECTURALAUDIT_014
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
DATE OF IMAGE
2001
PERIOD
2000s
CREATOR
Robert Gordon University
SOURCE
Inverness Civic Trust
ASSET ID
21751
KEYWORDS
Baptists
Protestant
churches
worship
buildings
plans
streets
streetscapes
Architectural Audit of Inverness: Baptist Church & Hall, Castle Street, East Side

Built by Stuart Paterson of Glasgow in 1932, with the south extension by William Glashan of Inverness in 1975.

The Inverness Baptist Congregation was established in 1898 and appointed its first Pastor, Rev Bremner, in 1900. Whilst their first church was at Friar's Lane, they made a deal with the local council to exchange this site for an empty space at Castle Street. Rev Fisher was Pastor during this move and he oversaw the new construction, which is used by the Baptist congregation to this day.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Architectural Audit of Inverness: Baptist Church & Hall, Castle Street, East Side

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

2000s

Baptists; Protestant; churches; worship; buildings; plans; streets; streetscapes

Inverness Civic Trust

Inverness Civic Trust: Architectural Audit

Built by Stuart Paterson of Glasgow in 1932, with the south extension by William Glashan of Inverness in 1975. <br /> <br /> The Inverness Baptist Congregation was established in 1898 and appointed its first Pastor, Rev Bremner, in 1900. Whilst their first church was at Friar's Lane, they made a deal with the local council to exchange this site for an empty space at Castle Street. Rev Fisher was Pastor during this move and he oversaw the new construction, which is used by the Baptist congregation to this day.