Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Cawdor Village
EXTERNAL ID
PC_CAWDOR_03
PLACENAME
Cawdor
DISTRICT
Nairn (landward)
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
NAIRN: Cawdor
SOURCE
Cawdor Heritage Group
ASSET ID
22078
KEYWORDS
villages
estates
castles
cottage
lane
post offices
shops
fountains
bowling greens
taverns
inn
inns
churches
Cawdor Village

This photograph shows a view of Cawdor from the air. The village stands beside the Cawdor Burn, about 13 miles east of Inverness and 5 miles south-west of Nairn. It grew as an estate village serving Cawdor Castle and is now a conservation village, retaining its traditional stone cottages and narrow, meandering lanes. Its amenities include a post office and shop, a fountain, a bowling green and a popular tavern. The parish church at the west end of the village was built by the Laird of Cawdor in 1619 and extended in 1830.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Cawdor Village

NAIRN: Cawdor

villages; estates; castles; cottage; lane; post offices; shops; fountains; bowling greens; taverns; inn; inns; churches

Cawdor Heritage Group

Cawdor Heritage Group

This photograph shows a view of Cawdor from the air. The village stands beside the Cawdor Burn, about 13 miles east of Inverness and 5 miles south-west of Nairn. It grew as an estate village serving Cawdor Castle and is now a conservation village, retaining its traditional stone cottages and narrow, meandering lanes. Its amenities include a post office and shop, a fountain, a bowling green and a popular tavern. The parish church at the west end of the village was built by the Laird of Cawdor in 1619 and extended in 1830.