Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Redcastle Station, Black Isle Railway
EXTERNAL ID
PC_DONALD_BLACKISLERAILWAY04
PLACENAME
Redcastle
DISTRICT
Avoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Killearnan
DATE OF IMAGE
2002
PERIOD
2000s
CREATOR
Janine Donald
SOURCE
Janine Donald
ASSET ID
22322
KEYWORDS
Black Isle Railway
railways
railway
stations
station
Redcastle Station
Redcastle Station, Black Isle Railway

The Black Isle Railway was originally a branch of the Highland Railway network. It carried passengers from 1894 until 1951 (freight until 1960) and ran from Muir of Ord to Fortrose with intermediary stations at Redcastle, Allangrange, Munlochy and Avoch.

Much of the railway track and many of the former railway structures have been lost. However, the enthusiast can trace parts of the original route and a few of the original railway buildings still exist. This photograph, for example, shows Redcastle Station, the only remaining station building on the 13-mile branch line

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Redcastle Station, Black Isle Railway

ROSS: Killearnan

2000s

Black Isle Railway; railways; railway; stations; station; Redcastle Station

Janine Donald

The Black Isle Railway was originally a branch of the Highland Railway network. It carried passengers from 1894 until 1951 (freight until 1960) and ran from Muir of Ord to Fortrose with intermediary stations at Redcastle, Allangrange, Munlochy and Avoch.<br /> <br /> Much of the railway track and many of the former railway structures have been lost. However, the enthusiast can trace parts of the original route and a few of the original railway buildings still exist. This photograph, for example, shows Redcastle Station, the only remaining station building on the 13-mile branch line