Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Burial Ground, Cullicudden
EXTERNAL ID
PC_DONALD_CULLICUDDEN
PLACENAME
Cullicudden
DISTRICT
Fortrose
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Resolis
DATE OF IMAGE
2002
PERIOD
2000s
CREATOR
Janine Donald
SOURCE
Janine Donald
ASSET ID
22360
KEYWORDS
burial grounds
graveyards
Burial Ground, Cullicudden

Cullicudden burial ground is on the northwest coast of the Black Isle, overlooking the Cromarty Firth. It contains burial enclosures of the Urquhart and Gordon families. The ruins of Cullicudden Church are contained within the site and a stone lintel over the doorway dates the church to 1609 although there are earlier burial stones in the burial ground. The church was built to succeed the medieval church of St. Martin at Drumdyre and continued in use until after the union of the parishes of Cullicudden and Kirkmichael in 1662. When a new parish church was built at Resolis in 1767, Cullicudden fell into decay

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Burial Ground, Cullicudden

ROSS: Resolis

2000s

burial grounds; graveyards

Janine Donald

Cullicudden burial ground is on the northwest coast of the Black Isle, overlooking the Cromarty Firth. It contains burial enclosures of the Urquhart and Gordon families. The ruins of Cullicudden Church are contained within the site and a stone lintel over the doorway dates the church to 1609 although there are earlier burial stones in the burial ground. The church was built to succeed the medieval church of St. Martin at Drumdyre and continued in use until after the union of the parishes of Cullicudden and Kirkmichael in 1662. When a new parish church was built at Resolis in 1767, Cullicudden fell into decay