Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Dingwall & Highland Marts' Christmas Show & Sale, 2008 (4 of 9)
EXTERNAL ID
PC_DONALD_DINGWALL_MART_04
PLACENAME
Dingwall
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Dingwall
DATE OF IMAGE
2008
PERIOD
2000s
CREATOR
Janine Donald
SOURCE
Janine Donald
ASSET ID
22364
KEYWORDS
auctions, markets
auctioneers
Dingwall & Highland Marts' Christmas Show & Sale, 2008 (4 of 9)

This photograph of livestock was taken at Dingwall & Highland Marts' Christmas Show & Sale in November 2008.

The first Christmas Show & Sale at Dingwall was held on 10 December, 1884, four months after the opening of the auction site adjacent to Dingwall Gasworks, originally built by Mr D Mackintosh. The move to the new auction complex at Humberston Farm, on the south side of Dingwall, took place over a hundred years later in July 2003. Fraser's Auction Rooms relocated to Humberston in January 2007. In July 2008, the Highland Livestock Heritage Society's permanent 'Drover Exhibition' was opened by HRH The Princess Royal.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Dingwall & Highland Marts' Christmas Show & Sale, 2008 (4 of 9)

ROSS: Dingwall

2000s

auctions, markets; auctioneers

Janine Donald

This photograph of livestock was taken at Dingwall & Highland Marts' Christmas Show & Sale in November 2008.<br /> <br /> The first Christmas Show & Sale at Dingwall was held on 10 December, 1884, four months after the opening of the auction site adjacent to Dingwall Gasworks, originally built by Mr D Mackintosh. The move to the new auction complex at Humberston Farm, on the south side of Dingwall, took place over a hundred years later in July 2003. Fraser's Auction Rooms relocated to Humberston in January 2007. In July 2008, the Highland Livestock Heritage Society's permanent 'Drover Exhibition' was opened by HRH The Princess Royal.