Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
St Mary's Church, Kilmuir, Moray Firth
EXTERNAL ID
PC_DONALD_KILMUIRWESTER
PLACENAME
Kilmuir
DISTRICT
Avoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Knockbain
DATE OF IMAGE
2002
PERIOD
2000s
CREATOR
Janine Donald
SOURCE
Janine Donald
ASSET ID
22390
KEYWORDS
churches
burial grounds
graveyards
St Mary's Church, Kilmuir, Moray Firth

The ruins of St. Mary's Church and burial ground lie to the east of the village of Kilmuir, on the shores of the Moray Firth, on the southeast coast of the Black Isle. The church probably dates from the 15th century and served as the parish church of Kilmuir parish until 1762, when it was removed to Knockbain.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

St Mary's Church, Kilmuir, Moray Firth

ROSS: Knockbain

2000s

churches; burial grounds; graveyards

Janine Donald

The ruins of St. Mary's Church and burial ground lie to the east of the village of Kilmuir, on the shores of the Moray Firth, on the southeast coast of the Black Isle. The church probably dates from the 15th century and served as the parish church of Kilmuir parish until 1762, when it was removed to Knockbain.