Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
St Michael's Church, near Balblair, Black Isle
EXTERNAL ID
PC_DONALD_KIRKMICHAEL
PLACENAME
Balblair
DISTRICT
Fortrose
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Resolis
DATE OF IMAGE
2002
PERIOD
2000s
CREATOR
Janine Donald
SOURCE
Janine Donald
ASSET ID
22391
KEYWORDS
churches
chapels
burial grounds
graveyards
St Michael's Church, near Balblair, Black Isle

St Michael's Church or Chapel - also known as Kirkmichael Church - looks out over Udale Bay and the Cromarty Firth, on the northern coast of the Black Isle. It was the parish church of Kirkmichael and Cullicudden from 1662 onwards but was abandoned in 1767 in favour of the new parish church at Resolis. The listed ruins of Kirkmichael include a chancel dating to the 16th century which was later reused as a burial aisle by the Shaw-Mackenzie's of Newhall

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

St Michael's Church, near Balblair, Black Isle

ROSS: Resolis

2000s

churches; chapels; burial grounds; graveyards

Janine Donald

St Michael's Church or Chapel - also known as Kirkmichael Church - looks out over Udale Bay and the Cromarty Firth, on the northern coast of the Black Isle. It was the parish church of Kirkmichael and Cullicudden from 1662 onwards but was abandoned in 1767 in favour of the new parish church at Resolis. The listed ruins of Kirkmichael include a chancel dating to the 16th century which was later reused as a burial aisle by the Shaw-Mackenzie's of Newhall