Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Interior of the Seafield Memorial Church, Grantown on Spey
EXTERNAL ID
PC_GM2_POSTCARDS_013
PLACENAME
Grantown on Spey
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
MORAYSHIRE: Cromdale, Inverallan and Advie
SOURCE
Grantown Museum
ASSET ID
22861
KEYWORDS
religion
pulpit
pew
pews
Interior of the Seafield Memorial Church, Grantown on Spey

A postcard showing the interior of Seafield Memorial Church, also known as Inverallan Church, in Grantown on Spey.

Inverallan Church was designed by Alexander Smith and built between 1884-6. The church was built by Caroline, the Dowager Countess of Seafield in memory of her husband, the seventh Earl of Seafield, and her son, the eighth Earl of Seafield.

This church replaced another church that had been built on the same site in 1803.

Located approximately 32 km southeast of Inverness, Grantown is a planned village, established in 1765 by the local landowner, Sir James Grant.


This image may be available to purchase.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email
Grantown Museum

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Interior of the Seafield Memorial Church, Grantown on Spey

MORAYSHIRE: Cromdale, Inverallan and Advie

religion; pulpit; pew; pews

Grantown Museum

Grantown Museum Photographic Collection

A postcard showing the interior of Seafield Memorial Church, also known as Inverallan Church, in Grantown on Spey.<br /> <br /> Inverallan Church was designed by Alexander Smith and built between 1884-6. The church was built by Caroline, the Dowager Countess of Seafield in memory of her husband, the seventh Earl of Seafield, and her son, the eighth Earl of Seafield.<br /> <br /> This church replaced another church that had been built on the same site in 1803.<br /> <br /> Located approximately 32 km southeast of Inverness, Grantown is a planned village, established in 1765 by the local landowner, Sir James Grant. <br /> <br /> <br /> This image may be available to purchase.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email<br /> <a href="mailto: gosmuseum@btconnect.com">Grantown Museum</a>