Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Muckrach Castle
EXTERNAL ID
PC_GM2_POSTCARDS_015
PLACENAME
Muckrach Castle
DISTRICT
Badenoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Duthil and Rothiemurchus
SOURCE
Grantown Museum
ASSET ID
22863
KEYWORDS
architecture
castles
Muckrach Castle

A postcard showing Muckrach, or Muckerach, Castle, approximately 1 km west of Dulnain Bridge.

The tower house was built at the behest of Patrick Grant of Rothiemurchus in 1598. It fell into ruin, but was restored by the architect Ian Begg between 1978-85.


This image may be available to purchase.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email
Grantown Museum

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Muckrach Castle

INVERNESS: Duthil and Rothiemurchus

architecture; castles

Grantown Museum

Grantown Museum Photographic Collection

A postcard showing Muckrach, or Muckerach, Castle, approximately 1 km west of Dulnain Bridge. <br /> <br /> The tower house was built at the behest of Patrick Grant of Rothiemurchus in 1598. It fell into ruin, but was restored by the architect Ian Begg between 1978-85. <br /> <br /> <br /> This image may be available to purchase.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email<br /> <a href="mailto: gosmuseum@btconnect.com">Grantown Museum</a>