Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Golf Club House
EXTERNAL ID
PC_GM4_GOLF_002
PLACENAME
Grantown on Spey
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
MORAYSHIRE: Cromdale, Inverallan and Advie
SOURCE
Grantown Museum
ASSET ID
22961
KEYWORDS
sport
golf
Golf Club House

A view of the Golf Club House at Grantown-on-Spey, in Strathspey. Golfers can be seen relaxing outside the clubhouse.

The Grantown golf course was founded in 1890, and has eighteen holes.

Grantown-on-Spey was a planned town, founded in 1765 on a low plateau bordering the River Spey, on the northern edge of the Cairngorm Mountains. Located 35 miles south-east by road from Inverness, it was named after Sir James Grant, 8th Baronet and Member of Parliament for Elginshire from 1761 to 1768.


This image may be available to purchase.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email
Grantown Museum

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Golf Club House

MORAYSHIRE: Cromdale, Inverallan and Advie

sport; golf

Grantown Museum

Grantown Museum Photographic Collection

A view of the Golf Club House at Grantown-on-Spey, in Strathspey. Golfers can be seen relaxing outside the clubhouse.<br /> <br /> The Grantown golf course was founded in 1890, and has eighteen holes.<br /> <br /> Grantown-on-Spey was a planned town, founded in 1765 on a low plateau bordering the River Spey, on the northern edge of the Cairngorm Mountains. Located 35 miles south-east by road from Inverness, it was named after Sir James Grant, 8th Baronet and Member of Parliament for Elginshire from 1761 to 1768. <br /> <br /> <br /> This image may be available to purchase.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email<br /> <a href="mailto: gosmuseum@btconnect.com">Grantown Museum</a>