Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Approach to Grantown on Spey
EXTERNAL ID
PC_GM_POSTCARDS_064
PLACENAME
Grantown on Spey
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
MORAYSHIRE: Cromdale, Inverallan and Advie
SOURCE
Grantown Museum
ASSET ID
23318
KEYWORDS
crest
shield
Approach to Grantown on Spey

This postcard shows the approach road to Grantown on Spey, and is decorated with imagery relating to the Clan Grant. The Clan Grant motto "Stand Fast" is seen in the left of the image, and the picture is bordered by Grant tartan.

Located approximately 32 km southeast of Inverness, Grantown is a planned village, established in 1765 by the local landowner, Sir James Grant. Castle Grant, 2.3 km northeast of Grantown on Spey, was the seat of the Chief of Clan Grant.


This image may be available to purchase.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email
Grantown Museum

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Approach to Grantown on Spey

MORAYSHIRE: Cromdale, Inverallan and Advie

crest; shield

Grantown Museum

Grantown Museum Photographic Collection

This postcard shows the approach road to Grantown on Spey, and is decorated with imagery relating to the Clan Grant. The Clan Grant motto "Stand Fast" is seen in the left of the image, and the picture is bordered by Grant tartan.<br /> <br /> Located approximately 32 km southeast of Inverness, Grantown is a planned village, established in 1765 by the local landowner, Sir James Grant. Castle Grant, 2.3 km northeast of Grantown on Spey, was the seat of the Chief of Clan Grant. <br /> <br /> <br /> This image may be available to purchase.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email<br /> <a href="mailto: gosmuseum@btconnect.com">Grantown Museum</a>