Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
New Spey Bridge, Grantown on Spey
EXTERNAL ID
PC_GM_POSTCARDS_089
PLACENAME
New Spey Bridge
DISTRICT
Cromdale
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
MORAYSHIRE: Cromdale, Inverallan and Advie
SOURCE
Grantown Museum
ASSET ID
23341
KEYWORDS
postcards
bridges
rivers
trees
fences
New Spey Bridge, Grantown on Spey

The New Spey Bridge is located approximately 1 km south of Grantown on Spey. The bridge is made of concrete and was designed by the engineering firm Blyth and Blyth. It was officially opened on 11 December 1931.

The New Spey Bridge is the successor to the Old Spey Bridge, located 1.5 km southeast of Grantown on Spey. The Old Bridge is made of granite, and was built in 1754 by General Wade's successor, Major William Caulfield, as part of the military road that ran from Coupar Angus to Fort George.

Located approximately 32 km southeast of Inverness, Grantown is a planned village, established in 1765 by the local landowner, Sir James Grant.


This image may be available to purchase.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email
Grantown Museum

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

New Spey Bridge, Grantown on Spey

MORAYSHIRE: Cromdale, Inverallan and Advie

postcards; bridges; rivers; trees; fences

Grantown Museum

Grantown Museum Photographic Collection

The New Spey Bridge is located approximately 1 km south of Grantown on Spey. The bridge is made of concrete and was designed by the engineering firm Blyth and Blyth. It was officially opened on 11 December 1931.<br /> <br /> The New Spey Bridge is the successor to the Old Spey Bridge, located 1.5 km southeast of Grantown on Spey. The Old Bridge is made of granite, and was built in 1754 by General Wade's successor, Major William Caulfield, as part of the military road that ran from Coupar Angus to Fort George.<br /> <br /> Located approximately 32 km southeast of Inverness, Grantown is a planned village, established in 1765 by the local landowner, Sir James Grant. <br /> <br /> <br /> This image may be available to purchase.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email<br /> <a href="mailto: gosmuseum@btconnect.com">Grantown Museum</a>