Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Souvenir Letter Card of Grantown on Spey - New Bridge
EXTERNAL ID
PC_GM_POSTCARDS_113C
PLACENAME
Grantown on Spey
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
MORAYSHIRE: Cromdale, Inverallan and Advie
SOURCE
Grantown Museum
ASSET ID
23359
KEYWORDS
bridges
rivers
Souvenir Letter Card of Grantown on Spey - New Bridge

The second of six images featured in a "Souvenir Letter Card of Grantown on Spey", showing the New Spey Bridge near Grantown.

The New Spey Bridge is located approximately 1 km south of Grantown on Spey. The bridge is made of concrete and was designed by the engineering firm Blyth and Blyth. It was officially opened on 11 December 1931.

The New Spey Bridge is the successor to the Old Spey Bridge, located 1.5 km southeast of Grantown on Spey. The Old Bridge is made of granite, and was built in 1754 by General Wade's successor, Major William Caulfield, as part of the military road that ran from Coupar Angus to Fort George.


This image may be available to purchase.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email
Grantown Museum

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Souvenir Letter Card of Grantown on Spey - New Bridge

MORAYSHIRE: Cromdale, Inverallan and Advie

bridges; rivers;

Grantown Museum

Grantown Museum Photographic Collection

The second of six images featured in a "Souvenir Letter Card of Grantown on Spey", showing the New Spey Bridge near Grantown.<br /> <br /> The New Spey Bridge is located approximately 1 km south of Grantown on Spey. The bridge is made of concrete and was designed by the engineering firm Blyth and Blyth. It was officially opened on 11 December 1931. <br /> <br /> The New Spey Bridge is the successor to the Old Spey Bridge, located 1.5 km southeast of Grantown on Spey. The Old Bridge is made of granite, and was built in 1754 by General Wade's successor, Major William Caulfield, as part of the military road that ran from Coupar Angus to Fort George. <br /> <br /> <br /> This image may be available to purchase.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email<br /> <a href="mailto: gosmuseum@btconnect.com">Grantown Museum</a>