Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Four Views of the River Spey at Grantown
EXTERNAL ID
PC_GM_POSTCARDS_117
PLACENAME
Grantown on Spey
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
MORAYSHIRE: Cromdale, Inverallan and Advie
SOURCE
Grantown Museum
ASSET ID
23369
KEYWORDS
hay
haystack
haystacks
stook
stooks
Four Views of the River Spey at Grantown

A postcard showing four views of the River Spey, near Grantown.

The top left image is of the Old Spey Bridge, located 1.5 km southeast of Grantown on Spey. The bridge is made of granite, and was built in 1754 by General Wade's successor, Major William Caulfield, as part of the military road that ran from Coupar Angus to Fort George. The inscription on the bridge reads, "AD 1754. 5 companeis of the 33rd Regement Colonel Charles Hay. Ended"

Located approximately 32 km southeast of Inverness, Grantown is a planned village, established in 1765 by the local landowner, Sir James Grant.


This image may be available to purchase.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email
Grantown Museum

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Four Views of the River Spey at Grantown

MORAYSHIRE: Cromdale, Inverallan and Advie

hay; haystack; haystacks; stook; stooks

Grantown Museum

Grantown Museum Photographic Collection

A postcard showing four views of the River Spey, near Grantown. <br /> <br /> The top left image is of the Old Spey Bridge, located 1.5 km southeast of Grantown on Spey. The bridge is made of granite, and was built in 1754 by General Wade's successor, Major William Caulfield, as part of the military road that ran from Coupar Angus to Fort George. The inscription on the bridge reads, "AD 1754. 5 companeis of the 33rd Regement Colonel Charles Hay. Ended"<br /> <br /> Located approximately 32 km southeast of Inverness, Grantown is a planned village, established in 1765 by the local landowner, Sir James Grant. <br /> <br /> <br /> This image may be available to purchase.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email<br /> <a href="mailto: gosmuseum@btconnect.com">Grantown Museum</a>