Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
SC4993M, a BR corridor compo at Shields Junction
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_COACHES_207
PLACENAME
Glasgow
DATE OF IMAGE
16 May 1954
PERIOD
1950s
CREATOR
J L Stevenson
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
23786
KEYWORDS
HRS
railway coaches
railway carriages
rolling stock
SC4993M, a BR corridor compo at Shields Junction

This photograph shows British Railways corridor composite coach SC4993M at Shields Junction in May 1954.

The letters SC indicates that it was allocated to British Railway's Scottish Region. The suffix M indicates it originated from the London Midland & Scottish Railway.

The Caledonian Railway built the St Rollox locomotive and carriage works at Springburn, in Glasgow, in 1856. It was named after the nearby parish church of St. Roche. In 1923 it became the main works of the Northern Division of the LMS.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

SC4993M, a BR corridor compo at Shields Junction

1950s

HRS; railway coaches; railway carriages; rolling stock

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Coaches

This photograph shows British Railways corridor composite coach SC4993M at Shields Junction in May 1954.<br /> <br /> The letters SC indicates that it was allocated to British Railway's Scottish Region. The suffix M indicates it originated from the London Midland & Scottish Railway.<br /> <br /> The Caledonian Railway built the St Rollox locomotive and carriage works at Springburn, in Glasgow, in 1856. It was named after the nearby parish church of St. Roche. In 1923 it became the main works of the Northern Division of the LMS.