Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
M4988, a BR corridor compo at St Rollox
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_COACHES_217
PLACENAME
Glasgow
DATE OF IMAGE
1 November 1952
PERIOD
1950s
CREATOR
W A C Smith
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
23795
KEYWORDS
HRS
railway coaches
railway carriages
rolling stock
M4988, a BR corridor compo at St Rollox

This photograph shows British Railways corridor composite coach No. M4988 at St Rollox in November 1952.

The prefix M indicates it originated from the London Midland & Scottish Railway.

The Caledonian Railway built the St Rollox locomotive and carriage works at Springburn, in Glasgow, in 1856. It was named after the nearby parish church of St. Roche. In 1923 it became the main works of the Northern Division of the LMS.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

M4988, a BR corridor compo at St Rollox

1950s

HRS; railway coaches; railway carriages; rolling stock

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Coaches

This photograph shows British Railways corridor composite coach No. M4988 at St Rollox in November 1952.<br /> <br /> The prefix M indicates it originated from the London Midland & Scottish Railway.<br /> <br /> The Caledonian Railway built the St Rollox locomotive and carriage works at Springburn, in Glasgow, in 1856. It was named after the nearby parish church of St. Roche. In 1923 it became the main works of the Northern Division of the LMS.