Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
LMS 15010 coupled to a coach at Inverness, May 1928
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_LOCOMOTIVES_001_191
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
DATE OF IMAGE
15 May 1928
PERIOD
1920s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
24664
KEYWORDS
railway locomotives
Highland Railway locomotives
Highland Railway Society
HRS
LMS 15010 coupled to a coach at Inverness, May 1928

In 1878 and 1879 the Highland Railway built three 2-4-0 tank engines at their Lochgorm works in Inverness. Originally numbered 17, 58 and 59, they were primarily given shunting duties. All three passed in LMS ownership.

This photograph shows LMS 15010. Completed in June 1879 and named 'Highlander', it was rebuilt as a 4-4-0 tank engine in June 1887. It ceased to bear a name in 1900 and was renumbered 59A in December 1912 and then 59B in August 1922. On passing to the LMS it was repainted in that company's crimson livery and numbered 15010. It was withdrawn from service in November 1932.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

LMS 15010 coupled to a coach at Inverness, May 1928

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1920s

railway locomotives; Highland Railway locomotives; Highland Railway Society; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Locomotives 2 (Jones classes)

In 1878 and 1879 the Highland Railway built three 2-4-0 tank engines at their Lochgorm works in Inverness. Originally numbered 17, 58 and 59, they were primarily given shunting duties. All three passed in LMS ownership.<br /> <br /> This photograph shows LMS 15010. Completed in June 1879 and named 'Highlander', it was rebuilt as a 4-4-0 tank engine in June 1887. It ceased to bear a name in 1900 and was renumbered 59A in December 1912 and then 59B in August 1922. On passing to the LMS it was repainted in that company's crimson livery and numbered 15010. It was withdrawn from service in November 1932.