Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
HR 80 'Stafford' on the viaduct at Beauly
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_LOCOMOTIVES_001_298
PLACENAME
Beauly
DISTRICT
Aird
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Kilmorack
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
24765
KEYWORDS
railway locomotives
Highland Railway locomotives
HR 80 'Stafford' on the viaduct at Beauly

In 1886 the Highland Railway received eight 4-4-0 tender engines they had ordered from the Clyde Locomotive Co Ltd. The class were known as 'Clyde Bogies' and they were intended for use on mainline services.

This photograph shows HR 80 'Stafford' on the viaduct at Beauly. It was the second Highland Railway locomotive to bear that name. It was completed in July 1886, renumbered 80A in March 1917 and continued in service until being withdrawn and sold in 1923.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

HR 80 'Stafford' on the viaduct at Beauly

INVERNESS: Kilmorack

railway locomotives; Highland Railway locomotives

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Locomotives 2 (Jones classes)

In 1886 the Highland Railway received eight 4-4-0 tender engines they had ordered from the Clyde Locomotive Co Ltd. The class were known as 'Clyde Bogies' and they were intended for use on mainline services.<br /> <br /> This photograph shows HR 80 'Stafford' on the viaduct at Beauly. It was the second Highland Railway locomotive to bear that name. It was completed in July 1886, renumbered 80A in March 1917 and continued in service until being withdrawn and sold in 1923.