Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
HR 102 'Munlochy' at Fortrose, 1913
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_LOCOMOTIVES_001_418
PLACENAME
Fortrose
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Rosemarkie
DATE OF IMAGE
1913
PERIOD
1910s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
24879
KEYWORDS
railway locomotives
Highland Railway locomotives
Highland Railway Society
HRS
HR 102 'Munlochy' at Fortrose, 1913

In 1892 the Highland Railway took delivery of two 4-4-0 tank engines which had been built for the Uruguay Great Eastern Railway but never delivered. After a trial period they purchased the two locomotives (HR 101 & 102) and, in the following year, ordered three more of a very similar specification (HR 11, 14 & 15). All five of these 'Yankee Tanks' were built by Dübs & Co. of Glasgow and all passed into LMS ownership.

This photograph shows HR 102 at Fortrose in 1913. It was given the name 'Munlochy' in 1910 and was renumbered twice by the Highland Railway: to 102A in July 1919 and then back to 102 in August 1922. After the grouping it lost its name and became LMS 15014. It was eventually withdrawn in December 1934.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

HR 102 'Munlochy' at Fortrose, 1913

ROSS: Rosemarkie

1910s

railway locomotives; Highland Railway locomotives; Highland Railway Society; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Locomotives 2 (Jones classes)

In 1892 the Highland Railway took delivery of two 4-4-0 tank engines which had been built for the Uruguay Great Eastern Railway but never delivered. After a trial period they purchased the two locomotives (HR 101 & 102) and, in the following year, ordered three more of a very similar specification (HR 11, 14 & 15). All five of these 'Yankee Tanks' were built by Dübs & Co. of Glasgow and all passed into LMS ownership.<br /> <br /> This photograph shows HR 102 at Fortrose in 1913. It was given the name 'Munlochy' in 1910 and was renumbered twice by the Highland Railway: to 102A in July 1919 and then back to 102 in August 1922. After the grouping it lost its name and became LMS 15014. It was eventually withdrawn in December 1934.