Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
LMS 15013 on train at Lybster, May 1928
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_LOCOMOTIVES_001_425
PLACENAME
Lybster
DISTRICT
Caithness - Southern
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Latheron
DATE OF IMAGE
19 May 1928
PERIOD
1920s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
24885
KEYWORDS
railway locomotives
Highland Railway locomotives
LMS 15013 on train at Lybster, May 1928

In 1892 the Highland Railway took delivery of two 4-4-0 tank engines which had been built for the Uruguay Great Eastern Railway but never delivered. After a trial period they purchased the two locomotives (HR 101 & 102) and, in the following year, ordered three more of a very similar specification (HR 11, 14 & 15). All five of these 'Yankee Tanks' were built by Dübs & Co. of Glasgow and all passed into LMS ownership.

This photograph shows LMS 15013 at Lybster. Originally numbered 101 by the Highland Railway it was renumbered twice: to 101A in July 1919 and then back to 101 in August 1922. After the grouping it became LMS 15013 and was eventually withdrawn in July 1934.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

LMS 15013 on train at Lybster, May 1928

CAITHNESS: Latheron

1920s

railway locomotives; Highland Railway locomotives

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Locomotives 2 (Jones classes)

In 1892 the Highland Railway took delivery of two 4-4-0 tank engines which had been built for the Uruguay Great Eastern Railway but never delivered. After a trial period they purchased the two locomotives (HR 101 & 102) and, in the following year, ordered three more of a very similar specification (HR 11, 14 & 15). All five of these 'Yankee Tanks' were built by Dübs & Co. of Glasgow and all passed into LMS ownership.<br /> <br /> This photograph shows LMS 15013 at Lybster. Originally numbered 101 by the Highland Railway it was renumbered twice: to 101A in July 1919 and then back to 101 in August 1922. After the grouping it became LMS 15013 and was eventually withdrawn in July 1934.