Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
LMS 15014 at Inverness, June 1934
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_LOCOMOTIVES_001_441
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
DATE OF IMAGE
15 June 1934
PERIOD
1930s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
24900
KEYWORDS
railway locomotives
Highland Railway locomotives
Highland Railway Society
HRS
LMS 15014 at Inverness, June 1934

In 1892 the Highland Railway took delivery of two 4-4-0 tank engines which had been built for the Uruguay Great Eastern Railway but never delivered. After a trial period they purchased the two locomotives (HR 101 & 102) and, in the following year, ordered three more of a very similar specification (HR 11, 14 & 15). All five of these 'Yankee Tanks' were built by Dübs & Co. of Glasgow and all passed into LMS ownership.

This photograph shows LMS 15014 at Inverness in June 1934, a few months before it was withdrawn from service. Originally numbered 102 by the Highland Railway it was renumbered twice: to 102A in July 1919 and then back to 102 in August 1922. Between 1910 and 1923 it carried the name 'Munlochy'. After the grouping it became LMS 15014 and was eventually withdrawn in December 1934.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

LMS 15014 at Inverness, June 1934

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1930s

railway locomotives; Highland Railway locomotives; Highland Railway Society; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Locomotives 2 (Jones classes)

In 1892 the Highland Railway took delivery of two 4-4-0 tank engines which had been built for the Uruguay Great Eastern Railway but never delivered. After a trial period they purchased the two locomotives (HR 101 & 102) and, in the following year, ordered three more of a very similar specification (HR 11, 14 & 15). All five of these 'Yankee Tanks' were built by Dübs & Co. of Glasgow and all passed into LMS ownership.<br /> <br /> This photograph shows LMS 15014 at Inverness in June 1934, a few months before it was withdrawn from service. Originally numbered 102 by the Highland Railway it was renumbered twice: to 102A in July 1919 and then back to 102 in August 1922. Between 1910 and 1923 it carried the name 'Munlochy'. After the grouping it became LMS 15014 and was eventually withdrawn in December 1934.