Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
LMS 14381 'Loch Ericht' at Aviemore, September 1929
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_LOCOMOTIVES_001_623
PLACENAME
Aviemore
DISTRICT
Badenoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Duthil and Rothiemurchus
DATE OF IMAGE
14 September 1929
PERIOD
1920s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
25082
KEYWORDS
railway locomotives
Highland Railway locomotives
LMS 14381 'Loch Ericht' at Aviemore, September 1929

The last class of locomotive designed for the Highland Railway by David Jones was the 4-4-0 'Loch' class. Fifteen were built by Dübs & Co. in Glasgow in 1896 and a further three, with minor alterations, were produced by the North British Locomotive Company in 1917. The first batch was numbered 119 to 133 with the later engines numbered 70 to 72. They were intended to work on express passenger services and all passed into LMS ownership in 1923.

This photograph shows LMS 14381 'Loch Ericht' (formerly HR 121) at Aviemore in September 1929. It was withdrawn from service in March 1940.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

LMS 14381 'Loch Ericht' at Aviemore, September 1929

INVERNESS: Duthil and Rothiemurchus

1920s

railway locomotives; Highland Railway locomotives

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Locomotives 2 (Jones classes)

The last class of locomotive designed for the Highland Railway by David Jones was the 4-4-0 'Loch' class. Fifteen were built by Dübs & Co. in Glasgow in 1896 and a further three, with minor alterations, were produced by the North British Locomotive Company in 1917. The first batch was numbered 119 to 133 with the later engines numbered 70 to 72. They were intended to work on express passenger services and all passed into LMS ownership in 1923.<br /> <br /> This photograph shows LMS 14381 'Loch Ericht' (formerly HR 121) at Aviemore in September 1929. It was withdrawn from service in March 1940.