Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
LMS 14381 'Loch Ericht' at Blair Atholl
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_LOCOMOTIVES_001_634
PLACENAME
Blair Atholl
DISTRICT
Perthshire - Highland
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
PERTH: Blair Atholl
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
25093
KEYWORDS
railway locomotives
Highland Railway locomotives
Highland Railway Society
HRS
LMS 14381 'Loch Ericht' at Blair Atholl

The last class of locomotive designed for the Highland Railway by David Jones was the 4-4-0 'Loch' class. Fifteen were built by Dübs & Co. in Glasgow in 1896 and a further three, with minor alterations, were produced by the North British Locomotive Company in 1917. The first batch was numbered 119 to 133 with the later engines numbered 70 to 72. They were intended to work on express passenger services and all passed into LMS ownership in 1923.

This photograph shows LMS 14381 'Loch Ericht' (formerly HR 121) at Blair Atholl. It was withdrawn from service in March 1940.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

LMS 14381 'Loch Ericht' at Blair Atholl

PERTH: Blair Atholl

railway locomotives; Highland Railway locomotives; Highland Railway Society; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Locomotives 2 (Jones classes)

The last class of locomotive designed for the Highland Railway by David Jones was the 4-4-0 'Loch' class. Fifteen were built by Dübs & Co. in Glasgow in 1896 and a further three, with minor alterations, were produced by the North British Locomotive Company in 1917. The first batch was numbered 119 to 133 with the later engines numbered 70 to 72. They were intended to work on express passenger services and all passed into LMS ownership in 1923.<br /> <br /> This photograph shows LMS 14381 'Loch Ericht' (formerly HR 121) at Blair Atholl. It was withdrawn from service in March 1940.