Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
LMS 14691 'Brodie Castle' at Perth North, September 1935
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_LOCOMOTIVES_006_210
PLACENAME
Perth
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
PERTH
DATE OF IMAGE
22 September 1935
PERIOD
1930s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
25678
KEYWORDS
railway locomotives
Highland Railway locomotives
LMS 14691 'Brodie Castle' at Perth North, September 1935

The third and final batch of 'Castle' class express passenger locomotives was introduced by the Highland Railway in the spring of 1917. Three engines were built by the North British Locomotive Co. Numbered 50, 58 and 59 they differed from the previous batches by having larger driving wheels, slightly longer boilers and six-wheeled tenders. All passed into LMS ownership and all had been withdrawn before nationalisation in 1948.

This photograph shows LMS 14691 'Brodie Castle' (formerly HR 50) at Perth North in September 1935. It was withdrawn from service in September 1938.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

LMS 14691 'Brodie Castle' at Perth North, September 1935

PERTH

1930s

railway locomotives; Highland Railway locomotives

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Locomotives 5 (Cumming classes)

The third and final batch of 'Castle' class express passenger locomotives was introduced by the Highland Railway in the spring of 1917. Three engines were built by the North British Locomotive Co. Numbered 50, 58 and 59 they differed from the previous batches by having larger driving wheels, slightly longer boilers and six-wheeled tenders. All passed into LMS ownership and all had been withdrawn before nationalisation in 1948.<br /> <br /> This photograph shows LMS 14691 'Brodie Castle' (formerly HR 50) at Perth North in September 1935. It was withdrawn from service in September 1938.