Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
HR 25 'Strathpeffer' at Inverness roundhouse
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_LOCOMOTIVES_008_363
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
PERIOD
1900s; 1910s; 1920s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
25825
KEYWORDS
railway locomotives
Highland Railway locomotives
Highland Railway Society
HRS
HR 25 'Strathpeffer' at Inverness roundhouse

In 1905/06 the Highland Railway built four 0-4-4 tank engines to work on its various small branch lines. Numbered 25, 40, 45 and 46, they were the last locomotives to be built at the company's Lochgorm works in Inverness. Two of the class survived well into the days of British Railways.

This photograph shows HR 25 'Strathpeffer' at Inverness roundhouse. It was the third of the company's locomotives to bear that name. Numbered 15051 by the LMS and continued in service well into British Rail days, eventually being withdrawn in August 1956.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

HR 25 'Strathpeffer' at Inverness roundhouse

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1900s; 1910s; 1920s

railway locomotives; Highland Railway locomotives; Highland Railway Society; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Locomotives 3 (Drummond classes)

In 1905/06 the Highland Railway built four 0-4-4 tank engines to work on its various small branch lines. Numbered 25, 40, 45 and 46, they were the last locomotives to be built at the company's Lochgorm works in Inverness. Two of the class survived well into the days of British Railways.<br /> <br /> This photograph shows HR 25 'Strathpeffer' at Inverness roundhouse. It was the third of the company's locomotives to bear that name. Numbered 15051 by the LMS and continued in service well into British Rail days, eventually being withdrawn in August 1956.