Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
LMS 14522 'Snaigow' re-marshalling at Aviemore
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_LOCOMOTIVES_008_551
PLACENAME
Aviemore
DISTRICT
Badenoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Duthil and Rothiemurchus
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
25994
KEYWORDS
railway locomotives
Highland Railway locomotives
Highland Railway Society
HRS
LMS 14522 'Snaigow' re-marshalling at Aviemore

The first new class of locomotive designed for the Highland Railway by Christopher Cumming was a powerful 4-4-0 passenger engine. Known as the 'No. 73'class, two were built by Hawthorn Leslie in 1916. They were numbered in 73 and 74 and both passed into LMS ownership in 1923.

This photograph shows LMS 14522 'Snaigow' (previously HR 73) re-marshalling at Aviemore. It was withdrawn from service in April 1936.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

LMS 14522 'Snaigow' re-marshalling at Aviemore

INVERNESS: Duthil and Rothiemurchus

railway locomotives; Highland Railway locomotives; Highland Railway Society; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Locomotives 5 (Cumming classes)

The first new class of locomotive designed for the Highland Railway by Christopher Cumming was a powerful 4-4-0 passenger engine. Known as the 'No. 73'class, two were built by Hawthorn Leslie in 1916. They were numbered in 73 and 74 and both passed into LMS ownership in 1923.<br /> <br /> This photograph shows LMS 14522 'Snaigow' (previously HR 73) re-marshalling at Aviemore. It was withdrawn from service in April 1936.