Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
LMS 14762 'Clan Campbell' at Perth, July 1926
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_LOCOMOTIVES_009_646
PLACENAME
Perth
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
PERTH
DATE OF IMAGE
30 July 1926
PERIOD
1920s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26080
KEYWORDS
railway locomotives
Highland Railway locomotives
LMS 14762 'Clan Campbell' at Perth, July 1926

The last class of locomotive built for the Highland Railway was the 'Clan' class of 4-6-0 passenger engines. Designed by Christopher Cumming, the first four (numbered 49, 51, 52 & 53) were delivered in 1919 and four more (numbered 54 to 57) were delivered in 1921. Built by Hawthorn Leslie & Co. in Newcastle, all members of the class survived into LMS ownership but only one was still working after the formation of British Railways.

This photograph shows LMS 14762 'Clan Campbell' (formerly HR 49) at Perth in July 1926. It continued in service until being withdrawn in June 1947.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

LMS 14762 'Clan Campbell' at Perth, July 1926

PERTH

1920s

railway locomotives; Highland Railway locomotives

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Locomotives 5 (Cumming classes)

The last class of locomotive built for the Highland Railway was the 'Clan' class of 4-6-0 passenger engines. Designed by Christopher Cumming, the first four (numbered 49, 51, 52 & 53) were delivered in 1919 and four more (numbered 54 to 57) were delivered in 1921. Built by Hawthorn Leslie & Co. in Newcastle, all members of the class survived into LMS ownership but only one was still working after the formation of British Railways.<br /> <br /> This photograph shows LMS 14762 'Clan Campbell' (formerly HR 49) at Perth in July 1926. It continued in service until being withdrawn in June 1947.