Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Bonar Bridge Station looking north, 1912
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_SMALL ALBUM_005_024
PLACENAME
Ardgay
DATE OF IMAGE
1912
PERIOD
1910s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26594
KEYWORDS
railway stations
Bonar Bridge Station looking north, 1912

This is a view of Bonar Bridge station looking north, circa 1912.

The station is actually situated in the village of Ardgay, on the north west shore of the Dornoch Firth. It was opened on 1 October 1864 as part of the Inverness-shire and Ross-shire Railway and was the point at which that line met the Sutherland Railway. It was renamed Ardgay in May 1977. Goods services ceased in 1984 but the station is still part of the ScotRail network.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Bonar Bridge Station looking north, 1912

1910s

railway stations

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This is a view of Bonar Bridge station looking north, circa 1912.<br /> <br /> The station is actually situated in the village of Ardgay, on the north west shore of the Dornoch Firth. It was opened on 1 October 1864 as part of the Inverness-shire and Ross-shire Railway and was the point at which that line met the Sutherland Railway. It was renamed Ardgay in May 1977. Goods services ceased in 1984 but the station is still part of the ScotRail network.