Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Aberfeldy Station 5.00 pm train arriving, 1950
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_016
PLACENAME
Aberfeldy
DISTRICT
Perthshire - Highland
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
PERTH: Dull
DATE OF IMAGE
15 September 1950
PERIOD
1950s
CREATOR
Harold D. Bowtell
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26752
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
Caledonian Railway
British Railways
Aberfeldy Station 5.00 pm train arriving, 1950

The 5.00 p.m. train arriving in Aberfeldy. The locomotive is an ex-Caledonian Railway 0-4-4T, 55144, of the type used on the branch for around thirty years until the coming of the diesels in the early 1960s. The goods shed is visible on the left.

Aberfeldy station, was the terminus of the 14 kilometre long Aberfeldy branch which left the main line at Ballinluig. It opened on 3 July 1865, closing to passengers almost a century later on 3 May 1965, goods traffic having ceased on 26 January that year.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Aberfeldy Station 5.00 pm train arriving, 1950

PERTH: Dull

1950s

Highland Railway; Caledonian Railway; British Railways

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

The 5.00 p.m. train arriving in Aberfeldy. The locomotive is an ex-Caledonian Railway 0-4-4T, 55144, of the type used on the branch for around thirty years until the coming of the diesels in the early 1960s. The goods shed is visible on the left.<br /> <br /> Aberfeldy station, was the terminus of the 14 kilometre long Aberfeldy branch which left the main line at Ballinluig. It opened on 3 July 1865, closing to passengers almost a century later on 3 May 1965, goods traffic having ceased on 26 January that year.