Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Aberfeldy Station - engine shed 1936
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_022
PLACENAME
Aberfeldy
DISTRICT
Perthshire - Highland
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
PERTH: Dull
DATE OF IMAGE
June 1936
PERIOD
1930s
CREATOR
W A Camwell
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26758
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
London Midland and Scottish Railway
HRS
Aberfeldy Station - engine shed 1936

Aberfeldy's second engine shed which replaced the one burnt down in 1902. The LMS loco coal wagon is thought to be of Highland Railway origin.

Aberfeldy station was the terminus of the 14 kilometre long Aberfeldy branch which left the main line at Ballinluig. It opened on 3 July 1865, closing to passengers almost a century later on 3 May 1965, goods traffic having ceased on 26 January that year.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Aberfeldy Station - engine shed 1936

PERTH: Dull

1930s

Highland Railway; London Midland and Scottish Railway; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Aberfeldy's second engine shed which replaced the one burnt down in 1902. The LMS loco coal wagon is thought to be of Highland Railway origin.<br /> <br /> Aberfeldy station was the terminus of the 14 kilometre long Aberfeldy branch which left the main line at Ballinluig. It opened on 3 July 1865, closing to passengers almost a century later on 3 May 1965, goods traffic having ceased on 26 January that year.