Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Allangrange Station from train 1960
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_070
PLACENAME
Avoch
DISTRICT
Avoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Avoch
DATE OF IMAGE
14 June 1960
PERIOD
1960s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26805
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
London Midland and Scottish Railway
LMS
Fortrose
Black Isle Branch
HRS
Allangrange Station from train 1960

Taken the day after good services ceased and nine years after the last passenger train, this is taken from an enthusiast special showing the overgrown platform.

Allangrange Station lay 8 kilometres from the main line at Muir of Ord on the Black Isle branch which terminated at Fortrose. It opened on 1 February 1894, closing to passengers on 1 October 1951 and to goods on 13 June 1960.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Allangrange Station from train 1960

ROSS: Avoch

1960s

Highland Railway; London Midland and Scottish Railway; LMS; Fortrose; Black Isle Branch; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Taken the day after good services ceased and nine years after the last passenger train, this is taken from an enthusiast special showing the overgrown platform.<br /> <br /> Allangrange Station lay 8 kilometres from the main line at Muir of Ord on the Black Isle branch which terminated at Fortrose. It opened on 1 February 1894, closing to passengers on 1 October 1951 and to goods on 13 June 1960.