Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Signal Box at Altnabreac Station, 1952
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_078
PLACENAME
Altnabreac
DISTRICT
Caithness - Western
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Halkirk
DATE OF IMAGE
24 April 1952
PERIOD
1950s
CREATOR
H C Casserley
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26813
KEYWORDS
signal boxes
railway stations
Signal Box at Altnabreac Station, 1952

This photograph shows the signal box at Altnabreac Station in April 1952.

The station was opened to both passenger and goods traffic by the Sutherland and Caithness Railway on 28 July 1874. It was later absorbed by the Highland Railway. The station closed to goods traffic on 15 August 1960 but is still open to passenger trains and is currently a request stop on the Far North Line between Inverness and Wick. It is a request stop used almost exclusively by walkers and ramblers.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Signal Box at Altnabreac Station, 1952

CAITHNESS: Halkirk

1950s

signal boxes; railway stations

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows the signal box at Altnabreac Station in April 1952.<br /> <br /> The station was opened to both passenger and goods traffic by the Sutherland and Caithness Railway on 28 July 1874. It was later absorbed by the Highland Railway. The station closed to goods traffic on 15 August 1960 but is still open to passenger trains and is currently a request stop on the Far North Line between Inverness and Wick. It is a request stop used almost exclusively by walkers and ramblers.