Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Alves Station looking East from bay platform
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_081
PLACENAME
Alves
DISTRICT
Elgin
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
MORAYSHIRE
PERIOD
c1950s
CREATOR
A G Ellis
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26816
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
London Midland and Scottish Railway
LMS
Hopeman
Alves Station looking East from bay platform

General view of the station looking east from the bay platform where the Hopeman branch lines came in.

Alves, 37 kilometres from Inverness, was the junction between the line from Inverness to Keith and the Hopeman Branch. It opened on 25 March 1858 and closed to passengers on 3 May 1965 and goods on 7 November 1966.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Alves Station looking East from bay platform

MORAYSHIRE

c1950s

Highland Railway; London Midland and Scottish Railway; LMS; Hopeman;

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

General view of the station looking east from the bay platform where the Hopeman branch lines came in.<br /> <br /> Alves, 37 kilometres from Inverness, was the junction between the line from Inverness to Keith and the Hopeman Branch. It opened on 25 March 1858 and closed to passengers on 3 May 1965 and goods on 7 November 1966.