Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Alves Station 2P on westbound train
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_082
PLACENAME
Alves
DISTRICT
Elgin
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
MORAYSHIRE
DATE OF IMAGE
14 June 1960
PERIOD
1960s
CREATOR
D Mundy
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26817
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
London Midland and Scottish Railway
LMS
Hopeman
2P
HRS
Alves Station 2P on westbound train

View looking east as westbound train enters the station. The train is an enthusiasts' special.

Alves, 37 kilometres from Inverness, was the junction between the line from Inverness to Keith and the Hopeman Branch. It opened on 25 March 1858 and closed to passengers on 3 May 1965 and goods on 7 November 1966.

Locomotive is an ex-LMS class 2P 4-4-O developed from earlier Midland Railway designs.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Alves Station 2P on westbound train

MORAYSHIRE

1960s

Highland Railway; London Midland and Scottish Railway; LMS; Hopeman; 2P; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

View looking east as westbound train enters the station. The train is an enthusiasts' special.<br /> <br /> Alves, 37 kilometres from Inverness, was the junction between the line from Inverness to Keith and the Hopeman Branch. It opened on 25 March 1858 and closed to passengers on 3 May 1965 and goods on 7 November 1966.<br /> <br /> Locomotive is an ex-LMS class 2P 4-4-O developed from earlier Midland Railway designs.