Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Alves Station looking west goods train 1958
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_083
PLACENAME
Alves
DISTRICT
Elgin
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
MORAYSHIRE
DATE OF IMAGE
12 September 1958
PERIOD
1950s
CREATOR
Harold D. Bowtell
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26818
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
London Midland and Scottish Railway
LMS
Hopeman
812
Caledonian Railway
CR
McIntosh
HRS
Alves Station looking west goods train 1958

Eastbound goods train in Alves station.

Alves, 37 kilometres from Inverness, was the junction between the line from Inverness to Keith and the Hopeman Branch. It opened on 25 March 1858 and closed to passengers on 3 May 1965 and goods on 7 November 1966.

Locomotive 57620 (formerly CR 285 and LMS 17620) is an ex Caledonian Railway 812 class 0-6-0 goods engine designed by J F McIntosh in 1899 and built at St. Rollox works of the Caledonian Railway in Glasgow.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Alves Station looking west goods train 1958

MORAYSHIRE

1950s

Highland Railway; London Midland and Scottish Railway; LMS; Hopeman; 812; Caledonian Railway; CR; McIntosh; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Eastbound goods train in Alves station.<br /> <br /> Alves, 37 kilometres from Inverness, was the junction between the line from Inverness to Keith and the Hopeman Branch. It opened on 25 March 1858 and closed to passengers on 3 May 1965 and goods on 7 November 1966.<br /> <br /> Locomotive 57620 (formerly CR 285 and LMS 17620) is an ex Caledonian Railway 812 class 0-6-0 goods engine designed by J F McIntosh in 1899 and built at St. Rollox works of the Caledonian Railway in Glasgow.