Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Alves Station looking west 1958
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_084
PLACENAME
Alves
DISTRICT
Elgin
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
MORAYSHIRE
DATE OF IMAGE
12 September 1958
PERIOD
1950s
CREATOR
Harold D. Bowtell
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26819
KEYWORDS
Highland Railway
London Midland and Scottish Railway
LMS
Hopeman
HRS
Alves Station looking west 1958

Taken from the footbridge this shows the station buildings at Alves and the roofs of a goods train.

Alves, 37 kilometres from Inverness, was the junction between the line from Inverness to Keith and the Hopeman Branch. It opened on 25 March 1858 and closed to passengers on 3 May 1965 and goods on 7 November 1966.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Alves Station looking west 1958

MORAYSHIRE

1950s

Highland Railway; London Midland and Scottish Railway; LMS; Hopeman; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

Taken from the footbridge this shows the station buildings at Alves and the roofs of a goods train.<br /> <br /> Alves, 37 kilometres from Inverness, was the junction between the line from Inverness to Keith and the Hopeman Branch. It opened on 25 March 1858 and closed to passengers on 3 May 1965 and goods on 7 November 1966.