Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Ardgay Station (up side platform), 1953
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_086
PLACENAME
Ardgay
DISTRICT
Tain
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Kincardine
DATE OF IMAGE
1953
PERIOD
1950s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26821
KEYWORDS
railway stations
HRS
Ardgay Station (up side platform), 1953

This is a view of the up side platform at Ardgay station, taken from on board a train.

Ardgay is a small village in Sutherland, on the north west shore of the Dornoch Firth, and is a stop on the Far North Line. The station was opened on 1 October 1864 as part of the Inverness-shire and Ross-shire Railway. It was renamed Bonar Bridge in May 1977. Goods services ceased in 1984 but the station is still part of the ScotRail network.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Ardgay Station (up side platform), 1953

ROSS: Kincardine

1950s

railway stations; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This is a view of the up side platform at Ardgay station, taken from on board a train.<br /> <br /> Ardgay is a small village in Sutherland, on the north west shore of the Dornoch Firth, and is a stop on the Far North Line. The station was opened on 1 October 1864 as part of the Inverness-shire and Ross-shire Railway. It was renamed Bonar Bridge in May 1977. Goods services ceased in 1984 but the station is still part of the ScotRail network.