Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
A Black 5 entering Bonar Bridge on a down train
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_088
PLACENAME
Ardgay
DISTRICT
Tain
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Kincardine
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26823
KEYWORDS
railway stations
A Black 5 entering Bonar Bridge on a down train

This is a view of Bonar Bridge station with a Black 5 entering on a down train. The photograph was taken from the footbridge.

The station is actually situated in the village of Ardgay, on the north west shore of the Dornoch Firth. It was opened on 1 October 1864 as part of the Inverness-shire and Ross-shire Railway and was the point at which that line met the Sutherland Railway. It was renamed Ardgay in May 1977. Goods services ceased in 1984 but the station is still part of the ScotRail network.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

A Black 5 entering Bonar Bridge on a down train

ROSS: Kincardine

railway stations

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This is a view of Bonar Bridge station with a Black 5 entering on a down train. The photograph was taken from the footbridge.<br /> <br /> The station is actually situated in the village of Ardgay, on the north west shore of the Dornoch Firth. It was opened on 1 October 1864 as part of the Inverness-shire and Ross-shire Railway and was the point at which that line met the Sutherland Railway. It was renamed Ardgay in May 1977. Goods services ceased in 1984 but the station is still part of the ScotRail network.