Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
A northbound train entering Ardgay, September 1970
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_091
PLACENAME
Ardgay
DISTRICT
Tain
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Kincardine
DATE OF IMAGE
September 1970
PERIOD
1970s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26826
KEYWORDS
railway stations
HRS
A northbound train entering Ardgay, September 1970

This is a view of a northbound train entering Ardgay station in September 1970. It was taken from the roadbridge,

Ardgay is a small village in Sutherland, on the north west shore of the Dornoch Firth, and is a stop on the Far North Line. The station was opened on 1 October 1864 as part of the Inverness-shire and Ross-shire Railway. It was renamed Bonar Bridge in May 1977. Goods services ceased in 1984 but the station is still part of the ScotRail network.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

A northbound train entering Ardgay, September 1970

ROSS: Kincardine

1970s

railway stations; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This is a view of a northbound train entering Ardgay station in September 1970. It was taken from the roadbridge,<br /> <br /> Ardgay is a small village in Sutherland, on the north west shore of the Dornoch Firth, and is a stop on the Far North Line. The station was opened on 1 October 1864 as part of the Inverness-shire and Ross-shire Railway. It was renamed Bonar Bridge in May 1977. Goods services ceased in 1984 but the station is still part of the ScotRail network.