Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
HR 103 at Aultmore Station on a Railtour, June 1962
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_098
PLACENAME
Aultmore
DISTRICT
Keith
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
MORAYSHIRE
DATE OF IMAGE
16 June 1962
PERIOD
1960s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26833
KEYWORDS
railway stations
HR 103 at Aultmore Station on a Railtour, June 1962

This photograph shows HR 103 at Aultmore Station in June 1962. It is heading a special Railtour service.

After being withdrawn from service in 1934 (having been renumbered 17916 after the grouping) HR 103 was restored to its original appearance and condition by the LMS. In 1959 it was returned to full working order by British Railways and spent some time pulling special rail enthusiasts tours. It is the only surviving HR locomotive and can be seen in The Riverside museum in Glasgow.

Aultmore is a village in Moray. Its station was a stop on the Buckie branch line of the Highland Railway. The station was opened on 1 August 1884 and closed on 9 August 1915 although a section of the line (between Crooksmill and Aultmore) was relaid and reopened in 1919.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

HR 103 at Aultmore Station on a Railtour, June 1962

MORAYSHIRE

1960s

railway stations

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows HR 103 at Aultmore Station in June 1962. It is heading a special Railtour service.<br /> <br /> After being withdrawn from service in 1934 (having been renumbered 17916 after the grouping) HR 103 was restored to its original appearance and condition by the LMS. In 1959 it was returned to full working order by British Railways and spent some time pulling special rail enthusiasts tours. It is the only surviving HR locomotive and can be seen in The Riverside museum in Glasgow.<br /> <br /> Aultmore is a village in Moray. Its station was a stop on the Buckie branch line of the Highland Railway. The station was opened on 1 August 1884 and closed on 9 August 1915 although a section of the line (between Crooksmill and Aultmore) was relaid and reopened in 1919.