Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
The Locomotive shed at Aviemore Station
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_111
PLACENAME
Aviemore
DISTRICT
Badenoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Duthil and Rothiemurchus
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26844
KEYWORDS
railway stations
HRS
The Locomotive shed at Aviemore Station

This is a view of the locomotive shed at Aviemore station.

The station is on the main line between Perth and Inverness. The first station at Aviemore was opened by the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway on 3 August 1863. A new station was built by the Highland Railway in 1898 to coincide with the opening of the new, more direct, route to Inverness. This made Aviemore an important junction and it was from this time that the town of Aviemore began to develop. The station underwent major refurbishment in 1998.

It is also the southern terminus of the Strathspey Railway (a preservation railway).

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

The Locomotive shed at Aviemore Station

INVERNESS: Duthil and Rothiemurchus

railway stations; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This is a view of the locomotive shed at Aviemore station.<br /> <br /> The station is on the main line between Perth and Inverness. The first station at Aviemore was opened by the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway on 3 August 1863. A new station was built by the Highland Railway in 1898 to coincide with the opening of the new, more direct, route to Inverness. This made Aviemore an important junction and it was from this time that the town of Aviemore began to develop. The station underwent major refurbishment in 1998.<br /> <br /> It is also the southern terminus of the Strathspey Railway (a preservation railway).