Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
BR 67015 on a mail train at Aviemore, March 2003
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_136
PLACENAME
Aviemore
DISTRICT
Badenoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Duthil and Rothiemurchus
DATE OF IMAGE
March 2003
PERIOD
2000s
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
26870
KEYWORDS
railway stations
HRS
BR 67015 on a mail train at Aviemore, March 2003

This photograph shows 67015, a Class 67 diesel locomotive, on a mail train at Aviemore in March 2003. Thirty of these diesel/electric engines were built in 1999 and 2000 for EWS (English, welsh and Scottish Railways).

Aviemore station is on the main line between Perth and Inverness. The first station was opened by the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway on 3 August 1863. A new station was built by the Highland Railway in 1898 to coincide with the opening of the new, more direct, route to Inverness. This made Aviemore an important junction and it was from this time that the town of Aviemore began to develop. The station underwent major refurbishment in 1998.

It is also the southern terminus of the Strathspey Railway (a preservation railway).

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

BR 67015 on a mail train at Aviemore, March 2003

INVERNESS: Duthil and Rothiemurchus

2000s

railway stations; HRS

Highland Railway Society

Highland Railway Society - Stations

This photograph shows 67015, a Class 67 diesel locomotive, on a mail train at Aviemore in March 2003. Thirty of these diesel/electric engines were built in 1999 and 2000 for EWS (English, welsh and Scottish Railways).<br /> <br /> Aviemore station is on the main line between Perth and Inverness. The first station was opened by the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway on 3 August 1863. A new station was built by the Highland Railway in 1898 to coincide with the opening of the new, more direct, route to Inverness. This made Aviemore an important junction and it was from this time that the town of Aviemore began to develop. The station underwent major refurbishment in 1998.<br /> <br /> It is also the southern terminus of the Strathspey Railway (a preservation railway).